Ahhh Dublin...the heart of Ireland. Seriously...you can feel it's beating pulse as enter the city...people everywhere, double decker buses roaring past you, buildings that all have stories attached to them, pubs everywhere you turn...i could tell i was going to love it as soon as i got there. And I definitely did...it's been my favorite city so far. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but my sis and I just had such a good time there. We went to a bunch of famous pubs in Temple Bar (an area, not a bar...well actually there was a bar called Temple Bar in Temple Bar...and we
might have stepped in for a bit...and we
might have paid 8 euros for a drink...not cool, but we sort of asked for it considering it was probably the most touristy bar).

Well anyways, we listened to some great Irish music, which I continued to be impressed with each time I heard it. Adding a fiddle to songs makes them so much more beautiful...and then you throw in an accordian, a drum, a flute, and some other weird Irish instrument and believe me, you are entertained for the evening!

There was this one classic Irish song called "Wild Rover" that is the best drinking song ever and by the end of the night my sister and I were requesting it, and then singing it at the top of our lungs as we swayed and laughed and cheers-ed the people around us (just listen to it at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhaM-16MwW8 and you'll be hooked too!). We were the best tourists EVER!

haha...we also went to the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin...cool place...it's was totally worth it for the pint of Guinness at the end of the tour overlooking the city. Even before going there, we decided since we were in Dublin so we had to try the Guinness. You see, we were actually thinking about our health...

My sister ordered one at the bar...and wasn't too excited...but we tasted it, and it was delicious!

I don't know if it was because it was fresh from Dublin or what...but it was so ridiculously good. I immediately had a newfound appreciation for the drink.

The other super cool we did in Dublin was go to a Gaelic Football match. I REALLY wanted to see a football (soccer) match while I was over there but we had trouble figuring out when the games were and where we were gonna be when the games were happening. And then our last day in Dublin it happened! We heard there was a GAELIC football match and I decided we HAD to go...even better than football because it was a sport that was truly unique to the country. I was so000000 excited.

It was so cool! It took us about half the game to figure out the rules (it's mostly with the hands but u have to kick or pass it after every couple steps and there are two ways to score) but by the end we were screaming profanities at the other team (we bought scarves for Dublin and so decided we were official fans after that).

I then became an official fan of the city. I could have definitely stayed longer, but we had to finally head out to see what the West coast of Ireland was all about. SlĂ inte Dublin!
No comments:
Post a Comment