Monday, January 12, 2009

Into the Highlands of Scotland...

Ok, I officially suck at updating this thing! But I guess that means I'm having plenty of fun doing other things, like enjoying my trip :). So to continue...from Edinburgh, my sister and I went on a 3 day tour of the highlands of Scotland. It was pretty amazing stuff. We saw a bunch of really cool castles (second one was in one of the James Bond movies)...
...went to Loch Ness and we even spotted the Nessie!...

...did an intense hike to a beautfiul lookout...

...dunked my face in a freezing river for 7 seconds because the fairies promise eternal beauty for anyone who does (figured it was worth a shot)...

...saw some other breathtaking Lochs...

...heard all about William Wallace and my sis and I even acted out our own battle on the Culloden Battlefield...

...and I got to feed a hairy highland cow!

Wow, photo journaling is so much better...and so much more my style. So that sums up the rest of my time in Scotland. Oh! Except for meeting up with two of my friends from San Diego (Debs and Brit) in Edinburgh the last day we were there...that was really cool. And I took a run up to the top of this big hill that looked over the city called Arthur's Seat. Basically I had an awesome time in Scotland. I even got to find out all about my clan, Clan Ross! Well actually, i didn't learn a ton, but i did find a bagpipe magnet with my Clan name on it and it plays a nifty little Scottish tune...good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment